Launched in 1995, the Texas Youth Hunting Program (a partnership program with Texas Parks and Wildlife Department) introduces young Texans to hunting. Each year, TYHP gives young Texans the opportunity to participate in youth hunting activities safely, legally and ethically while learning about the valuable role landowners and hunters play in wildlife conservation.
The primary objectives of the Texas Youth Hunting Program are to:
- Preserve the hunting heritage in Texas for present and future generations.
- Instill in youth a basic understanding of practical conservation measures.
- Encourage wildlife habitat access, enhancement and management.
- Teach the basic skills, values, techniques and responsibilities of hunting.
- Promote the highest ethical standards in hunting.
- Give our youth an initial, positive, safe, educational, mentored hunting experience.